NEO Centre, Johor Bahru
NEO Centre established in Johor Bahru
Nalanda Buddhist Society officially launched its second Nalanda Education & Outreach (NEO) Centre in Johor Bahru on 26 May 2013. This new centre is located in the bustling district of Jalan Dedap 26, Taman Johor Jaya, near to various shops, eateries, and the bus terminus.
The Johor Jaya NEO Centre is the base of Nalanda’s Johor Bahru branch. This branch will manage the NEO Centre there, and organise programmes to benefit the local community in collaboration with other local Buddhist organisations.
The NEO Centre Johor Bahru offers the following services to the community :
- Free academic tuition classes for both primary and secondary school students under the Nalanda Free School Project.
- Periodic religious services, alms and robes offerings to the Sangha.
- Periodic meditation sessions together with Dhamma talks for the general public.
- A well-stocked library and comfortable reading lounge for the public, operated by Pustaka Nalanda.
By March 2015, the NEO Centre will also offer :
- Weekly Dhamma classes for school-going teenagers and children, to be conducted by experienced facilitators from Nalanda Dharma School.
We Need Your Support
The set-up cost for NEO Centre Johor Bahru is estimated to be RM317,000. We are in need of sponsorship and financial aid to continue our work in providing holistic education. We are also recruiting committed volunteers to help us manage our services to the public. If you wish to help Nalanda in any way, kindly contact Sis. Nandini at our Management Office, at 03-8938-1500, or write in to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you. Thank you!