In the annual Gimhāna Retreat, Nalanda members are encouraged to maintain the momentum of our spiritual experience during Buddha Day celebrations by deepening our understanding and cultivation of Dhamma. Therefore, during these seven weeks, we undertake five daily practices of:
1) Morning chanting and making noble aspirations.
2) Meditation to cultivate calmness and clarity.
3) Listening to Dhamma talks and reading the scriptures.
4) Performing acts of generosity, kindness and compassion.
5) Evening chanting and reflection.
With these five practices, we make a conscious effort to overcome old, unwholesome habits by supplanting them with new, wholesome ones. In this way, we continue to transform ourselves into peaceful people, and develop harmony in living with others. We wish you a fulfilling and fruitful Gimhāna Retreat.